Friday, March 23, 2012

Injustice: Hoodie March: Trayvon Martin

17 year old Trayvon Martin was killed unmercifully as he was returning home with skilttles and a Arizona Tea, in Sanford Florida.  The unacceptable reality is the person who shot him is still walking the streets of Sanford freely, as if the Police are rewarding him for killing a fugitive. The community of Sanford has ralleyed against this injustice. I say, it's about time.
My heart grieves for this family, yet I'm thankful that my young adult children no longer live there. The horrid reality is that this isn't the only case of injustice in Sanford. I have experienced it first hand before and have been a witness to friends who have sufffered the injustice there, its a crying shame a another child had to die before light was brought to injustice in Sanford...

No comments: